Who Needs Approval

All faculty, staff, and students using animals, regardless of location or funding, must obtain approval from the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) before activities begin.

The use of animals is defined as any activity involving vertebrate animals in which the natural life style or movements of the animals is materially altered. Use of animal carcasses, tissues, and fluids obtained specifically for research, testing, or teaching purposes are subject to review according to applicable regulations and may be determined to be “use of animals.”

If you are unsure if your project involves use of animals, contact the IACUC office.

First step: Submit all AUP documentation