Biosafety Occupational Health
Learn the steps to participate in the Biosafety Occupational Health Program. Occupational health services for Texas A&M faculty, staff and students who have potential exposure to biological materials or animals are provided by the Biosafety Occupational Health Program (BOHP).
If you have a chemical, radiation or physical hazard exposure, please contact Texas A&M Environmental Health and Safety at EHSD.email@example.com.
If you are faculty, staff or a student of Texas A&M Health Science Center, please contact the HSC-OHP at OHP@tamhsc.edu.
If you are still unsure of which office to contact, see Occupational Health at Texas A&M.
The Biosafety Occupational Health Program is an integral part of the Office of Biosafety. Its mission is to ensure that all people at Texas A&M s are offered the best possible information regarding biological exposures access to competent occupational health medicine services and providers.
BOHP addresses exposure to:
1. Biohazards, which include:
- pathogens of human, animals or plants;
- materials potentially containing human pathogens;
- materials of human or non-human primate origin;
- recombinant DNA and/or RNA; and/or
- Biological Select Agents and Toxins,
2. Animals, or their tissues, body fluids, or wastes.
BOHP Web Portal
Click here to begin -> Biosafety Occupational Health Web Portal
- Sign in with your Net ID username & password.
- Click on "Occupational Health" on the left menu.
- Click on “Occupational Health Questionnaire” on the top center menu.
- If you work in a research facility (on an AUP or an IBC permit), please select your Principal Investigator as your PI/Supervisor (no lab managers, please).
[Start typing your Principal Investigator’s last name in the drop box and it will narrow the list of names. Once you find the name in the PI/Supervisor drop box, click on the name to capture it into your form. You cannot type in your PI's name directly into the form field. If the name is not in the list, contact BOHP (firstname.lastname@example.org) to update the list.]
- If you work in an operations department, please select your department or division director as your supervisor.
[Start typing your director’s last name in the drop box and it will narrow the list of names. Once you find the name in the PI/Supervisor drop box, click on the name to capture it into your form. You cannot type in your supervisor's name directly into the form field. If the name is not in the list, contact BOHP (email@example.com) to update the list.]