Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC) Registration Document
The online submission system, iRIS, is now live and ready for use:
- For instructions on how to log in, go to the iRIS Portal.
- If you need help the iRIS system, call the support line at 979.845.4969 during normal business hours.
Documentation of Lab-Specific Training: Each employee working in BSL2 and above laboratories must receive and document the receipt of lab-specific training. Please complete and print, document the training, and scan and upload the document into iRIS or send via email to IBC@tamu.edu. Download the document in Word.
The principal investigator (PI) is responsible for completing all appropriate parts of this registration document and for notifying the IBC when information submitted in this document changes, such as personnel, laboratory location, procedures, funding, etc. If such changes occur, the PI will be required to fill out an amendment form in iRIS.
Protocols are currently approved for the duration of three years with annual renewals and laboratory inspections.
- All personnel listed on a BL2 IBC permit must complete BL2 training, provided by the Office of Biosafety, before being permitted to work in the BL2 lab. BL2 training is offered weekly and upon special request. For a complete schedule of training dates, times and locations, please see: http://rcb.tamu.edu/biohazards/training/bl2training. The first training session must be completed in the classroom setting. Refresher training can be taken online via the CITI program. Training is required once every three years.
- Principal investigators conducting research involving recombinant DNA molecules must complete NIH Guidelines training. This training is required once every three years and offered online. For more information regarding training, please see: http://rcb.tamu.edu/biohazards/training/nihtraining.
- All personnel listed on a BL3 permit must complete BL3 training, provided by the Office of Biosafety, before being permitted to work in the BL3 lab. BL3 training is available upon request, as needed. Please contact the Biosafety at 979.862.4549 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with BL3 training.
Sample Registration documents for a Biosafety Level 1 registration
If further assistance is needed, please contact the IBC at IBC@tamu.edu or call 979.458.3624.